DTrace for Developers (D66748GC10)
The DTrace for Developers course provides students with the ability to diagnose application and kernel problems. The course teaches students how to use probes with applications or kernel modules. Students also learn to use DTrace with common programing languages such as Java and C/C++ as well as with interpreted languages such as PHP.A Live Virtual Class (LVC) is exclusively for registered students; unregistered individuals may not view an LVC at any time. Registered students must view the class from the country listed in the registration form. Unauthorized recording, copying, or transmission of LVC content may not be made.
- Use DTrace to determine the root cause of problems in application software and the kernel.
- Add new probes to application and kernel modules.
- Use DTrace to troubleshoot problems, with and without source code access.
- Apply debugging techniques using DTrace.
Who Can Benefit
- Application Developers
- Business Intelligence Developer
- J2EE Developer
- Java Developer
- Proficiency in C or C++ and have a general understanding of debugging.
- DTrace facilities
- Problem types
- How DTrace works
- DTrace architecture
- How using the D programming language helps you use DTrace
- DTrace built-in variables and actions
- Additional DTrace features
- When is it not appropriate to use DTrace
- DTrace description
- Logic errors, crashes, hangs, and performance issues
Using DTrace for Kernel Software
- How DTrace helps you debug your kernel
- How DTrace helps to provide performance analysis of your kernel
- Use DTrace to view your entire software stack
- Speculative tracing
- Anonymous tracing
- Post-mortem tracing
The SDT Provider
- Add sdt probes to applications and kernel modules
- Use DTrace probes
- Translator mechanism you can use to hide implementation details
The libdtrace Library
- Use libdtrace
- Use libdtrace consumers to interact with the DTrace kernel engine
DTrace and Other Programming Languages
- Use DTrace with other programming languages, including Java
- Tracing interpreted languages such as php
- SDT uses written for specific applications
- SDT probes used to trace other languages