IBM BladeCenter H Workshop (Instructor Led Online - ILO) (XTV33)
This is an instructor led online (ILO) course with hands-on labs. No travel arrangements are needed.
This course builds on the skills gained from the BladeCenter Fundamentals Course XTR30, which focused on BladeCenter Chassis Servers, how they communicate to each other and their redundancy. This one day class XTR33, builds on those skills by placing emphasis on the BladeCenter H itself: its unique components, power and cooling, midplane connections and systems management. The next topic will discuss the high speed infrastructure and the options that are available. Open Fabric Manager is discussed to help you get the most from your I/O followed by showing the sequence of events in a Blade failover/recovery. The last section covers those important elements regarding installation and the associated tools. The lab environment includes the BladeCenter H environment, a review of the advanced management module (AMM), and the BladeCenter Open Fabric Manager, known as BOFM.
There is also a classroom version of this course: IBM BladeCenter H Workshop (XTR33)
- Unit 1 - IBM BladeCenter H - Introduction and Overview
- Unit 2 - High bandwidth infrastructure
- Unit 3 - Open Fabric Manager
- Unit 4 - Installation considerations and tools
- Exercise 1 - Identify the BladeCenter environment
- Exercise 2 - BladeCenter Open Fabric Manager (BOFM)
Who Can Benefit
This is an intermediate course for individuals who are involved in the planning, installation, configuration and upgrading of IBM BladeCenter solutions in their environments.
You should complete:
- IBM BladeCenter Fundamentals (XTR33) or IBM BladeCenter H Workshop (Instructor Led Online - ILO) (XTV33).
It is also recommended that you have some level of technical experience with x86-based computer hardware, and Windows or Linux operating systems.