AIX Network Installation Manager (NIM): Concepts and Configuration (AN220)
- Learn the fundamental capabilities of the Network Installation Manager (NIM) facility of the AIX 6 operating system.
- This course uses a combination of instructor lecture and machine exercises to provide the student with practical background knowledge.
- Unit 1 - NIM overview
- Exercise 1 - NIM overview
- Unit 2 - Setting up the master
- Exercise 2 - Setting up the NIM master
- Unit 3 - RTE installation
- Exercise 3 - RTE installation
- Unit 4 - Customizing install operations
- Exercise 4 - Customizing install operations
- Unit 5 - NIM backups and restores
- Exercise 5 - NIM backups and restores
- Unit 6 - Managing key NIM resources
- Exercise 6 - Managing key NIM resources
- Unit 7 - Client updates
- Exercise 7 - Client updates
Who Can Benefit
This course is appropriate for anyone with system administrative duties installing and managing an AIX operating system in a multiuser POWER (System p) environment.
Students attending this course should have basic AIX systems administration skills and be able to use HMC V7 to manage POWER-based managed systems
These skills may be obtained by attending:
- Power Systems for AIX I: LPAR Configuration and Planning (AN110)
- Power Systems for AIX II: AIX Implementation and Administration(AN120)