IBM i Recovery and Availability Management (OL510)
Learn how to plan for, implement, and manage the ongoing operations of an IBM i. Emphasis is on system availability and backup and recovery. ??Also, get an introduction to the architecture and terminology of the IBM i.
This course provides lectures and hands on labs in a face-to-face classroom setting. The course is also offered in a live virtual classroom environment (ILO - Instructor Led Online) with hands-on labs IBM i Recovery and Availability Management - ILO (OV510)
- Class administration and introductions
- IBM i availability overview
- Disk management
- Backup and recovery strategy using Save/Restore
- Journal management
- Commitment control overview
- Backup and recovery planning
Who Can Benefit
This is an intermediate course intended for IBM i system administrators, data processing managers and other individuals who implement and manage backup and recovery. This course is not recommended for system operators.
You should complete:
- System Operator Workshop for System i (AS240)
- System Operator Workshop for System i - ILO (OV240)
and have responsibility for the implementation of a backup and recovery plan and system availability for your IBM i