Network Security Basic Administration Training (0400)
This course, formerly titled Network Security Essentials Administrator,provides you with the background, knowledge, and hands-on experience to begindesigning, implementing, and troubleshooting SonicWALL security appliancesrunning SonicOS firmware. Attend this course by December 31, 2013 and receive one Dell� SonicWALL� TZ 205 TotalSecure network security appliance and a one year Comprehensive Gateway Security Suite license.
This technical training covers configuration and deployment of the SonicOSfirmware. You will become familiar with a wide spectrum of SonicWALL'sinnovative feature set, such as Unified Threat Management (UTM), Single Sign On,VPN, SSL VPN, and Content Filtering Service. As you examine the wide array ofsecurity features SonicOS has to offer, you will learn validation of settingsand troubleshooting techniques using the SonicWALL diagnostic tools. Formativeevaluations (knowledge checks and hands-on exercises) are incorporatedthroughout this course to test new skill sets.
To attend this course, prerequisite skills and knowledge are required, including completing three e-Learning courses prior to beginning this class. Information from these e-Learning modules is included on the certification exam. The prerequisite training is available from SonicWALL athttp://www.sonicwall.com/us/support/eLearning.html and includes:
Network Security Technology Overview e-Learning (~2 hours)
For those new to network security, this optional online course provides an introduction to the key concepts and fundamentals of network security. While this course is not mandatory, it is strongly suggested.
Network Security Essentials e-Learning (~6 hours)
This online course will provide you with critical foundational informationconcerning firewall technology, security risks and remediation, and networksecurity design and implementation considerations. Additionally, you will learnhow to configure and implement SonicWALL firewall appliances and extend thefirewall's capability using rules, security applications, and other networkspecific functions and troubleshooting techniques. You will practice keyactivities through online simulations.
Virtual Private Networking with SonicOS e-Learning (~6 hours)
A critical follow-on to the Network Security Essentials e-Learning course, thisonline course will give you a comprehensive education in core VPN technology,design, and implementation considerations. You will also learn about SonicWALL-specificVPN configuration and deployment as well as troubleshooting techniques. As inSecuring Networks with SonicOS, you will be able to practice key activitiesthrough online simulations.
Certified SonicWALL System Administrator (CSSA) for Network Security
The certification exam is available online via your personal work MySonicWALLaccount. During training, you will be given an activation key that will allowyou to access the exam up to three times. If you successfully complete thiscourse and pass the certification exam, you will be deemed a Certified SonicWALLSystem Administrator (CSSA).
The exam is administered outside the class. You will be allotted 180 minutesto complete 60 questions. A passing score is 80% or higher.
At the end of the exam, you will be notified immediately of your exam scoreand pass or fail status. Upon passing the exam, you will receive an e-mailcontaining your CSSA certificate. You can view your certification details, printyour certificate, access CSSA certification logos, and much more on MySonicWALL.
- Design, implement, and troubleshoot SonicWALL security appliances running SonicOS Enhanced firmware
- Configure and deploy SonicOS Enhanced firmware
- Components of SonicWALL's feature set
- Use SonicWALL diagnostic tools to validate and troubleshoot
Who Can Benefit
System engineers, channel partners, service partners, and system administrators
- Completion of the three e-Learning courses available from SonicWALL that include:
- Network Security Essentials
- Virtual Private Networking with SonicOS
- Network Security Technology Overview
- Other skills required include:
- Basic knowledge of networking concepts, network topologies, and the OSI modelof networking protocol stacks
- Understanding of TCP/IP, network addressing, subnets, and Network AddressTranslation (NAT)
- Knowledge of basic router concepts
- Familiarity with IPSec functionality and implementation
1. Course Introduction
2. Operating System Fundamentals
- OS Fundamentals
- System Backup and Restore
3. Scalability and Reliability
- WAN ISP Failover and Ethernet Load Balancing
- Policy-Based Routing
- High Availability
4. Secure Access and Content Control
- VPN: Gateway-to-Gateway, Hub and Spoke, Mesh
- Route-Based VPN
- GVC with Local User DB
- SSL VPN with Local User Database
- SSL VPN and Global VPN Client with LDAP Authentication
- Content Filtering Service
- Content Filtering Service Using Single Sign-On
5. Unified Threat Management
6. Secure Wireless Overview
- Wireless Products
- Wireless Threats
- Wireless Solutions