Experts on Demand
GCA Technology Services' Experts on Demand offering provides staff augmentation and support services focused on multiple areas of technology. This allows you the flexibility to address specific IT-related needs without committing full-time employees to the budget. Experts on Demand services are designed around specific staff functions (such as system administrators) and are typically scheduled for a fixed period of time. GCA Technology Services' Experts on Demand are also available on weekends, after hours or on standby, as needed.
Areas of expertise include and are not limited to:
- Active Directory LDAP and other directory services
- Backup and archive systems and software
- Networking and security hardware and software
- Identity Management Single Sign-on
- Implementation services
- Linux / Unix support and administration
- Messaging and collaboration systems and software
- Middleware: Sun Java Enterprise System, Novell Suite, Microsoft Suite
- Open Source system deployments and customization
- Storage systems and hardware: NAS, SAN, VTL
- Systems architecture and design
- Virtualization hardware and software systems
Short Term Experts On Demand Services Including:
- Diagnostics and documentation
- Root cause analysis
- Filling in for an absence
- Making systems recommendations with a vendor neutral approach
- Providing immediate support
Long Term Experts On Demand Services Including:
- Project Management from our Certified Project Managers (PMI)
- Architectural Design
- Support Agreements
How Experts On Demand Works:
Experts On Demand services can be either proactive or reactive. Proactive services provide periodic system health checks to help organizations minimize expenses for maintenance and support. While no one can guarantee that a system will not fail, periodic health checks can determine if a particular system is operating at its peak performance. If a system is found to be operating at less than its peak performance, GCA Technology Services can recommend and implement the appropriate changes to address the problem. This may include updates to software, firmware, hardware or updates to application configuration settings to increase system performance and/or security.
Reactive services provide ongoing response to customer questions and problems relating to software, operating systems, applications and utilities. Companies are provided with a single point of contact to ensure that issues are captured and responded to within mutually agreed upon response times. Reactive services provide an effective interface between a company's help desk and vendor provided maintenance and support and allow companies to focus on business activities rather than point technologies.
Experts On Demand services are usually purchased in a block of hours and are used as needed. The number of hours required is determined based on the services requested by the company. Unused hours are not billed. Additional blocks may be purchased to accommodate unexpected events and monthly blocks can be adjusted based on actual usage patterns.